I found some time to update the Particle Physics Simulator android application (version
3.7.4) in order to fix some bugs and add a hardcoded menu button, since terminals do not have a dedicated physical button these days. Additionally, my merge request to the F-Droid data repository was accepted, so now the app is also available via the F-Droid store.
Today we are releasing a brand new version (
2.2.0) of Gaia Sky with several major changes and new features. To sum up, github reports 1071 changed files, with 81672 additions and 31763 deletions. Gitlab displays a “Too many changes to show” banner, as their cap is at a 1000 files. This makes it by far the largest release ever, followed by version
1.5.0 in the summer of 2017.
Lately, I have been kicking the dust off my C++ skills, and decided to start by learning to use a library which I have been eyeing for a while,
ncurses is a C library which lets you create text-based UI programs for the terminal, in the same fashion as the gif above. Basically, you can use the terminal to implement text-based user interfaces. Since I seem to have an obsession with snake games, I figured I’d create a snake game for the terminal.
Old (left) and new (right) design side-by-side.
2020-10-02 edit: change termite to kitty due to font ligatures support.
2020-06-01 edit: change urxvt to termite, update info on qutebrowser with tor.
Overview In this post I’m documenting the current (March 2019) system setup I use in my development machines. This has been converging for a long time already, and It will surely evolve in the future. However, right now, it works well for me. I the machines mostly for development work (Gaia Sky, Gaia First Look, Ph.